We work with associate consultants engaged to conduct specific consulting assignments
The Centre for Impact Evaluation and Research Design (CFIERD) was founded in 2017 as a private limited company that is engaged in social research design, monitoring and evaluation, impact evaluations and environmental impact assessments, mobile data collection tools and data analysis services. The company works with associate consultants engaged by the company to conduct specific consulting assignments. We have a well-established record of accomplishment as an innovative and a value-adding company operating within the development sector. We note that modern day development interventions are complex, and this calls for innovative approaches both in designing and evaluating their impact. CFIERD matches up to this challenge by providing expert knowledge on research designs and the various impact evaluation designs. Design matters simply because it is the most effective way of answering the world’s problems and an effective way of utilizing the world’s limited financial resources. We provide support in developing and implementing quantitative and qualitative research designs, cross-sectional designs, and longitudinal designs.
WE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING COMPARATIVE ADVANTAGE:
- Use of highly qualified project team members. We will ensure that our team comprise relevant experience and expertise as recommended in the RFP document (monitoring and evaluation fields and child specialist).
- Training will be facilitated to assigned staff and consultants prior to the execution of the evaluation. The training will cover the study’s aims, methods, instruments and knowledge-sharing purposes;
- All data collection instruments will be pilot tested prior to rollout during data collection/field work phase;
- Agreed-upon strategies are developed for all evaluations and research projects to trouble-shoot problems that might arise in the field during data collection;
- Daily team debriefs will take place during the data collection/fieldwork phase to share experiences, identify and resolve problems quickly and in a timely manner;
DATA ANALYSIS AND BASELINE SURVEYS
Modern day development interventions are complex. This calls for innovative approaches both in designing and evaluating their impact.
We match up to this challenge by providing expert knowledge on research designs and the various impact evaluation designs. We offer training in research design and data analysis using open source tools
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENTS
We have a well-established track record as an innovative and a value-adding company operating within the development sector.
MOBILE DATA COLLECTION USING OPEN DATA KIT
We offer high quality training in Mobile Data Collection using Open data Kit (ODK). ODK is a set of open source applications that include ODK Build, ODK collect, ODK Aggregate, and ODK Briefcase. These tools run on Android devices allowing users to seamlessly collect, store, and view the aggregated information online and offline. ODK allows users to collect several data types, that includes text, integers, images, geopoints, barcode scanning, and also integrates with Third Party Apps.